Hydro-Excavation is safe digging with high pressure water and vacuum. The process is non destructive and can be used to excavate energized utility lines. Hydro-Excavation is a non-mechanical and non-destructive process which combines pressurized water and a high flow of moving air to simultaneously excavate and evacuate native soils at a controlled rate. Hydro excavation uses water to break up soil, eliminating any risk of underground utility damage.
Hydro-Excavation is a science; A controlled flow water stream which allows for surgeon-like accuracy.
The soil and water slurry are conveyed via a 6-8" hose to the vacuum truck-mounted debris tank. This process allows for quick, clean and precise evacuations which require less backfill, less labor force, less restoration, and less environmental impact than conventional digging methods. While removing only material necessary for repair or inspection, minimal material needs to be removed when compared with the large, less-than-accurate excavator or back hoe bucket.
- Minimal surface disruption
- Elimination of risk of damaging costly subsurface utilities including protective coatings
- Faster and more cost-effective than hand digging
- Ideal for excavating in sensative areas
- Excavated soil is contained in vacuum tank and can be easily disposed of at appropriate disposal transfer station
- Reduced environmental impacts